Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Thanksgiving this year was quite an unconventional holiday for me. Rather than heading home to spend quality time with my family, I stayed in NYC to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade - up close and personal - as I've dreamed of doing since I can remember! I have been watching the parade from my home in Upstate, NY since I was a little girl and to actually attend was a real treat! Some of my favorite floats, which were even neater to see in real life than on the television, were Snoopy and Mickey Mouse. They are both childhood favorites of mine and I captured great shots of them from the crowd to share with my family in Upstate, NY when I go home for the Christmas holiday this year. Although it was an unconventional holiday and I missed my family, I had a great time fulfilling a childhood dream of mine by viewing the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!

Vocabulary

Unconventional- unusual, unique
Quality- excellence, attribute
Personal- private, individual
Treat-delight, pleasure
Crowd-people, gang
Holiday-vacation, festival

Cloze Exercise: Fill in the blanks with the correct word above

1) For some, being rich is the best _____ of life.
2) I always give my dog a _____ before bedtime.
3) I love the _____ season because I get to see my whole family.
4) I forgot to defrost the turkey this year, so we had an ______ Thanksgiving dinner of sushi.
5) There was such a big _____ at the concert that I was feeling claustrophobic.
6) The letter I wrote to my friend was ____.

No comments:

Post a Comment