Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Beautiful People

I have encountered some of the most stressful situations in the past few days:

people driving like maniacs
unprofessionalism at the work place
a dead car battery
a car headlight outage
Christmas shopping
finals
familial issues
...I could complain forever!


However, it's during these stressful moments when I really take note of the beauty of some people in this world! The people who don't realize that who they are or what they do to consider others really makes a difference. The professor who is understanding and wants the very best out of her students, even tardy. Or the short woman smiling at me as I wait on the brake for her to scurry across a busy highway after the light turns green. These people are the ones who make complaining seem worthless; the beautiful people who make life and all of its stresses so worth it!



Vocabulary


Stressful- anxiety, stress

Past- previous, former

Christmas- Holiday, Christ's birthday

Complain- whine, moan

Difference- distinction, unlike, dissimilarity

Tardy- late, slow

Scurry- running, hurry


Cloze Experience: Fill in the blanks with the correct word above.


1) Only during ____ is it okay to tell children that an overweight man will break into your home.

2) These finals have been so ______ that I plan on taking a vacation afterward.

3) In the ____, I would have just bought gift cards for people during the holiday season.

4) All my friend does is _____ about not having enough money.

5) I had to run to school so I wouldn't be marked ____.

6) The _____ between an apple and an orange is more than just color.

7) Squirrels never walk, they always _____ around the ground when collecting nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment